It truly takes a community to do what we do. We rely on financial support, bike donations, volunteers and retail customers to support our work. We would love to count you as one of the hundreds of people who are part of our community of support.
Make a personal contribution
Support us in a way that is workable and meaningful for you. Make an annual gift or give monthly. We will put it to good use in our bike safety programs for youth and adults with low incomes.
- $35 helps us provide free repair resources at our bike shop for one day;
- $50 helps us give a child her first bicycle at the Holiday Bike Drive;
- $100 provides five bicycle quick fixes at one of our community partner organizations;
- $290 covers the cost of one Bike Camp scholarship;
- A gift of any amount makes a huge difference!
Online donations are processed securely through Network for Good.
Mail a check of any amount to: Community Cycling Center, 1805 NE 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97212
Call Noel at 503.288.8864 ext. 334 and she can take your payment over the phone.
Many organizations offer workplace giving programs, either employee matching or giving campaigns. Ask your employer about employee matching, a simple way to maximize your contribution. Some corporations, like Microsoft and Intel, will also match employee volunteer hours. If you are an employee of a participating business, they will match your contribution of time with funds when you volunteer for the Community Cycling Center.
You can also organize a giving campaign. A giving campaign gathers motivated and passionate individuals together to support a common cause. It’s fun, makes a big difference, and we make it easy by providing all the materials you need. This is especially fun and effective at work – mobilize your coworkers to help give bikes to kids in need! What you need to do:
- Promote the campaign – we will send you all the materials.
- Organize a meeting or distribute giving envelopes and gift card order forms.
- We will then follow up with a letter to your group with a summary of your success!
Call Mike at 503.288.8864 ext. 325 for materials.
Make a corporate contribution
Join the dozens of businesses, large and small, that support the Community Cycling Center. Business sponsors support us in ways big and small, everything from sponsoring a program to making in-kind donations to support events. We are happy to consult with you to find a giving level that works for your business.
We are an approved 1% for the Planet partner.
Make a planned gift
Make a bequest to the Community Cycling Center in your will. We gratefully accept cash, stocks, and bicycles given in this manner. For more information, please contact Mike at 503-288-8864 ext. 325.
We are working for your support
The Community Cycling Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent of the law. For bicycles, we provide receipts with our Tax ID at the time of donation, and for financial contributions, we send a thank you note that also serves as your donation receipt. Online donors will receive email receipts from Network for Good in addition to a letter for your records.
You can download our most recent (2011) Form 990 here.
Other ways to support the Community Cycling Center
1.Casa Bruno, LLC will donate .50 cents each to the Community Cycling Center and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance when you buy a bottle of Escapada Vinho Tinto Red Wine. The wine can be found at New Seasons, NEST, Wine Up, and over 50 locations in Oregon. Click here for a full list.
2. Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program: You can help the Community Cycling Center earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer rewards card. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the Community Cycling Center at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (82693). Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping the Community Cycling Center earn a donation!
3. When you purchase an item through smile.amazon.com, look for products that are marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile Donation.” Then you can indicate the Community Cycling Center as the recipient of .5% of the purchase price.
4. Items the New Columbia Bike Repair HUB needs (preferably new):
Pairs of brake pads
Pairs of pedals
Pairs of grips
Bulk tire tubes
5. North St. Bags Partnership (coming soon)
6. Western Bike Works Partnership (coming soon)
7. HUB Brewery Partnership (coming soon)
8. Whole Foods Market Fremont – Bag donation recipient (coming soon)
Program photos above by Josh Tillinghast.