It truly takes a community to do what we do. We rely on financial support, bike donations, volunteers and retail customers to support our work. We would love to count you as one of the hundreds of people who are part of our community of support.
Make a personal contribution
Support us in a way that is workable and meaningful for you. Make an annual gift or give monthly. We will put it to good use in our bike safety programs for youth and adults with low incomes.
- $35 helps us provide free repair resources at our bike shop for one day;
- $50 helps us give a child her first bicycle at the Holiday Bike Drive;
- $100 provides five bicycle quick fixes at one of our community partner organizations;
- $290 covers the cost of one Bike Camp scholarship;
- A gift of any amount makes a huge difference!
Online donations are processed securely through Network for Good.
Mail a check of any amount to: Community Cycling Center, 1805 NE 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97212
Call Lillian at 503.288.8864 ext. 334 and she can take your payment over the phone.
The Community Cycling Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent of the law.
Make a planned gift
Planned gifts not only benefit you and your family, but they can also help secure the future work of the Community Cycling Center. Planning for the future can be difficult, but we are here to help. We want to make sure you have as much information as possible to make sound decisions as you consider your estate plan.
Click here to access our Planned Giving Guide: The Sustainer’s Legacy.
If you have questions, would like to make a planned gift, or need to speak to an estate planning attorney, please contact Lilllian Karabaic, Development Coordinator. She can be reached at 503-288-8864, ext 3334 or by email at Lillian@CommunityCyclingCenter.org.
Join the dozens of businesses, large and small, that support the Community Cycling Center. Business sponsors support us in ways big and small, everything from sponsoring a program to making in-kind donations to support events. We are happy to consult with you to find a giving level that works for your business.
We are an approved 1% for the Planet partner.
Many organizations offer workplace giving programs, either employee matching or giving campaigns. Ask your employer about employee matching, a simple way to maximize your contribution. Some corporations, like Microsoft and Intel, will also match employee volunteer hours. If you are an employee of a participating business, they will match your contribution of time with funds when you volunteer for the Community Cycling Center.
You can also organize a giving campaign. A giving campaign gathers motivated and passionate individuals together to support a common cause. It’s fun, makes a big difference, and we make it easy by providing all the materials you need. This is especially fun and effective at work – mobilize your coworkers to help give bikes to kids in need! What you need to do:
- Promote the campaign – we will send you all the materials.
- Organize a meeting or distribute giving envelopes and gift card order forms.
- We will then follow up with a letter to your group with a summary of your success!
Call Lillian at 503.288.8864 ext. 334 for materials.
We are working for your support
The Community Cycling Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent of the law. For bicycle donations, we provide receipts with our Tax ID at the time of donation, and for financial contributions, we send a thank you note that also serves as your donation receipt. Online donors will receive email receipts from Network for Good in addition to a letter for your records.
You can download our most recent (2013) Form 990 here.
The Community Cycling Center meets the Better Business Bureau Twenty Charitable Standards of Accountability. You can feel confident in our work.
Other ways to support the Community Cycling Center
1.Casa Bruno, LLC will donate .50 cents each to the Community Cycling Center and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance when you buy a bottle of Escapada Vinho Tinto Red Wine. The wine can be found at New Seasons, NEST, Wine Up, and over 50 locations in Oregon. Click here for a full list.
2. Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program: You can help the Community Cycling Center earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer rewards card. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the Community Cycling Center at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (82693). Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping the Community Cycling Center earn a donation!
3. When you purchase an item through smile.amazon.com, look for products that are marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile Donation.” Then you can indicate the Community Cycling Center as the recipient of .5% of the purchase price.
4. Western Bike Works Partnership: With each purchase made from the Western Bikeworks and Bike Tires Direct websites, you have the opportunity to make a donation to help support the Community Cycling Center. Western Bikeworks and Bike Tires Direct will match each donation made, doubling your money to make an even bigger impact.
5. North St. Bags’ Switch Partnership: Donate any gently used bike bags to North St. Bags and get 20% off your next purchase. Recycled bags will be repaired, refurbished, and given to the Community Cycling Center to help support the Create a Commuter program. Stop by North St. Bags in SE Portland, or click here for more info.
6. Shift Wellness PDX is donating their acupuncture therapy services and in return they’ll support the Community Cycling Center. Visit Shift Wellness PDX’s location at 8040 NE Sandy Blvd. Suite 100A on May 21st (June dates coming soon) for acupuncture therapy. The event is free for all; however, their is a minimum suggested donation of $15. Anything you can donate is appreciated! All proceeds will be donated to the Community Cycling Center. An RSVP is much appreciated, but not necessary. Check our event calendar for details. http://shiftwellnesspdx.com/
7. Modern Kids Design is a San Francisco-based online retailer featuring a range of beautifully designed natural and earth-friendly products for kids. Its mission is to raise awareness of environmental issues through design, and it is driven by a set of core values that include offering earth-friendly products for kids, serving as a substantive resource for families interested in environmental issues through its blog, and giving back by donating 5% of sales to nonprofit organizations that are working toward positive environmental change. For more information, visit www.modernkidsdesign.com
8. Items the New Columbia Bike Repair Hub needs (preferably new). Just drop these items off at our bike shop located at 1700 NE Alberta Street.
Pairs of brake pads
Pairs of pedals
Pairs of grips
Bulk tire tubes
9. HUB Brewery Partnership (coming soon)
10. Whole Foods Market Fremont – Bag donation recipient (coming soon)
Program photos above by Josh Tillinghast.