Reports to: General Manager
Status: Full Time; however, work days vary
Location: Portland, OR
Compensation: $14.50 to start
Benefits: Health, dental and vision within 30 days, PTO after 90 days, access to 401k, Labor and Used Parts Allowance
We love Portland and bikes. So we put our two loves together over 20 years ago, creating a nonprofit organization on a mission to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits.
Our vision is to help build a vibrant community where people of all backgrounds use bicycles to stay healthy and connected. We believe that all Portlanders—regardless of income or background—should have the opportunity to experience the joy, freedom, and health benefits of bicycling. This is the motivation behind everything we do.
In addition to delivering dynamic programs that benefit underserved communities, we operate a full-service bike shop in NE Portland that is staffed by highly experienced mechanics from diverse cycling backgrounds. Combined, our programs and shop services help riders build their skills and confidence; empower young people to ride to school and adults to ride to work; offer educational opportunities for teens to earn school credit; and support everyone in riding for health and recreation. We also collaborate with numerous community partners to generate pathways to employment and engagement within the growing bicycle movement by training new educators, leaders, advocates and mechanics.
Our goal is to help create a healthy, sustainable Portland for all community members.
The Community Cycling Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences are encouraged to apply.
General Position Summary
The Bicycle Mechanic is responsible for supporting the mission of the Community Cycling Center. This includes assessing, repairing, and refurbishing bicycles, assisting customers with choosing parts and accessories, as well as supporting our programs team. Under the supervision of the shop management team, the Bicycle Mechanic will work to consistently and efficiently deliver on the demands presented by our customers and programming efforts. This position will require technical proficiency, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and to act as an ambassador for the Community Cycling Center.
- Assess and repair bicycles for customers; repair bicycles for retail sale and for use in our programs
- Educate customers about the operation and maintenance of bicycles; assist with the purchase of bikes, parts, and accessories
- Contribute to the retail environment–answer phones, restock shelves, and maintain a safe, clean, and organized work space
- Work cooperatively with the rest of the team to meet the goals set forth by the shop management team
- Moving and lifting bicycles up to 50 lbs. is a regular part of this job; however, reasonable accommodation can be made
- Support fundraising efforts. This is an essential part of everyone’s job
- Be a public supporter of the Community Cycling Center and represent the organization with positivity and consistency
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience working in a high volume bike shop
- Consistent attention to quality and detail
- Ability to meet quantitative production and service goals as outlined by shop management
- Effective communication
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Commitment to and respect for equity, sustainability, and diversity
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Familiarity with Lightspeed POS
- Proficiency in ASL
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and (3) references to Jobs@CommunityCyclingCenter.org. Please put “Bicycle Mechanic” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Community Cycling Center is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with diverse abilities and experiences are encouraged to apply.