CCC Suffers Effects of Recent Collision
Last Saturday afternoon, a truck ran into the wall of the Community Cycling Center, causing major damage to both the outside mural and to our office inside. Since that time, we have had to close this part of our office, displacing half of our employees. We are sharing desks, working from the coffee shop next door, and doing what we can to make the space work until we find a permanent solution.
Right now, we are seeking the following help:
- Volunteers with carpentry skills
- Licensed volunteers with electrical skills
- Contacts with office equipment suppliers (such as IKEA) who can help us replace desks, chairs, etc…
- Volunteers who want to help us move. Let us know, and we’ll put you on our list!
- Financial donations. (Right now we are estimating a move at the cost of $10,000, although many of the details of moving/repair are still unclear.)
If you can help with any of the above or have ideas to share, please contact Alison Hill Graves at Alison@CommunityCyclingCenter.org or by phone at 503-288-8864.
If you would like to make a donation, there are a few ways you can do so.
- Willamette Week’s Give!Guide: we are included for the first time this year and the non-profit that raises the most money gets an additional $1,000. Any donation over $25 gets lots of great swag.
- Donate securely online through our website: http://www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org
- Mail us a check:
1700 NE Alberta
Portland, OR 97211
Thank you all for your kind wishes and support. In the past year, our donors, volunteers, and neighbors have demonstrated that the Community Cycling Center has a community to lean on, and we count on that support now. As we learn more about our situation, we will post the information on our website.